- In-Home Care
- Interactive Caregiving™
- Respite Care
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care
- End of Life Care
- Feeding Special Diet
- Veterans Care
- 24 Hour Home Care
- Companion Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Bathing & Grooming Assistance
- Diet & Nutrition
- Incontinence Care
- Transitioning Home
- Campus Assistance
- Comfort Keepers® grandPad Senior Tablet
Recovering With The Help Of A Senior Home Care Agency in Winchester, VA
A senior home care agency in Winchester, VA can ease your loved one’s transition from the hospital or rehabilitation facility to home
The time immediately after a hospital stay can be critical to the health and recovery of a loved one. Studies show that the lack of proper support and care following surgery or a serious hospitalization can lead to slower recovery or even readmission to the hospital. It has been proven that having the necessary support, which can be provided by a senior home care agency, helps to improve recovery time.
Family members often take on the task of caring for a loved one after a hospital stay but can find they are untrained or ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That is why it is best to contact a senior home care agency, like Comfort Keepers®, to ease the transition home.
What is Transitioning Care?
This specialized care helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers can provide includes the following:
- support of the care plan to aid the recovery process
- assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- incidental transportation for follow-up visits
- peace of mind for family and friends
- communication with the medical team as needed
How Can a Senior Home Care Agency Help With Transitional Care in Winchester, VA?
In addition to the customary homemaker/companion and personal care services Comfort Keepers provides, we are able to adapt services to accommodate clients with specific medical needs such as
- congestive heart failure.
- myocardial infarction (heart attack).
Let Comfort Keepers help guide you safely through the transition process. Our senior home care agency offers clients peace of mind and can help with the recovery once your loved one returns home. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help your family member recover.